eConsult allows you to:
- Get advice about specific conditions
- Get advice for general symptoms
- Request sick notes and GP letters
- Get help for common childhood problems
- Request general advice from GP
Using eConsult can save you time waiting in a phone que, eConsult gives the GP a pre-appointment idea of your problem so that it also saves time during your consultation.
The NHS App allows you to:
- Request appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- See parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- See communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
Patients can download the app from the Apple or Android app stores and follow the simple on-screen instructions to set it up, link it to their GP practice and enjoy its full features.
Out of Hours and Emergencies
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
In case of a life threatening emergency, please dial 999